What are the safety protocols the church is taking?
Monitoring and Adjustment of Protocols
- The NTCBC Reopening Committee will continue to monitor Toronto Public Health COVID-19 advisories and provide guidance to all language ministries on worship services and gathering requirements in accordance with government regulations.
Screening and Attendance
- All in-person attendees will be actively screened for COVID-19
- Attendance will be documented by pre-registration and verified with day-of video check-in after screening.
- Sanctuary capacity – 80 people
- Gym capacity – 25 people
- Pre-registration required for both worship and prayer meeting
- Families will be seated together; different households will be physically distanced
- Allotted times for attendees to enter/exit the church to avoid loitering/crowding.
- Tents will be set up outside in the parking lot for potential line ups before worship service and for organized community time after service. Please maintain physical distancing under the tents or wear a mask if you are unable to maintain distance.
Hand Hygiene and Masks
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the front entrance and throughout the church.
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask while indoors.
Communion and Offering Adapted
- Pre-packaged communion will be available at the screening table on the first Sunday of the month.
- We encourage online giving, but offering envelopes will be available at the screening table and an offering box will be located in the church foyer for in-person giving.
- At this time, we will discourage singing out-loud
- Alternative forms of worship include:
- Reading the words silently in your heart
- Humming along with the music
- Closing your eyes and reciting lyrics quietly
- Lifting up your hands (sign of surrender)
- Kneeling (sign of surrender and worship)
- The Sanctuary and Gym will be sanitized prior to worship service.
What will happen to the online worship service?
- Our online worship service will be largely unchanged from August 22nd onwards. The only difference will be that service will be from 9:45-11:00 AM.
- Starting September 5th, we will begin the process of transitioning towards a full live-stream service.
What will happen to the Post-Sermon Prayer Meeting?
- No prayer meetings in August
- Prayer meetings will resume on September 5th, 11:00-11:45 AM
- Online prayer meetings will be otherwise unchanged (except for the time change)
- In-person prayer meetings will be hosted in the basement
Will there be a Children Ministry?
Starting September 12, Grades 5 and 6 will be able to join in-person Junior worship. More information is available on the Children’s Ministry webpage.
Children’s online worship will continue to be available, but there is no children’s ministry in August and September. The reason is twofold:
- We want to give all helpers and teachers the opportunity to gather for in-person worship.
- The Children Ministry needs to recruit and train more helpers and teachers.
We are also encouraging families to join us for in-person worship to worship as a family in the sanctuary.It is a gift for us to be able to gather again. It would be a blessing to be able to see you all and even to be interrupted by crying babies.
The tentative first Sunday of Children Ministry is October 3rd. This date will be dependent on our ability to recruit and train teachers and helpers.
There will be 2 programs:
- 9:30-11:00 AM
- 11:30 AM-1:00 PM
When there are enough helpers, we will host childcare during our prayer meeting time.
Will there be a Youth Ministry?
Starting September 5th, all youth will be able to join the Youth Prayer meeting on the 3rd floor from 11:00-11:45 AM.
Who can I contact if I have questions about regathering and/or health and safety?
Please contact Amy Hong at [email protected].